Berlin / DE. (dhag) Delivery Hero AG (in Germany «Lieferheld»), one of the leading global online food ordering and delivery marketplaces, continues its growth path in the first quarter of 2018 with group revenues increasing by 61 percent on a like-for-like and constant currency basis and by 47 percent on a like-for-like and reported currency basis. Niklas Östberg, CEO of Delivery Hero, said: «We had a very good start to 2018 with continuing growth across our countries. We received a record 89 million orders in the first quarter – hitting a milestone of one million orders per day.»
Group financial performance Q1 2018 (like-for like)
- Orders were up 48 percent to 89 million
- Gross Merchandise Value (GMV) grew by 52 percent on a constant currency basis and by 38 percent on a reported currency basis to EUR 1,150 million
- Group revenues grew by 61 percent on a constant currency basis and by 47 percent on a reported currency basis to EUR 171 million
- Group take-rate improved reaching 14.8 percent
- Since the start of the year Delivery Hero has made a number of acquisitions and investments including, Rappi (several countries in South America), Deliveras (Greece), Megabite (Ecuador), Netcomidas (Bolivia) and Pizza.hu (Hungary)
Delivery Hero expects revenues between EUR 740 million and EUR 770 million and an adjusted Ebitda margin of between minus 8 percent and minus 5 percent for the full year 2018. We are on track to reach our goal of break even on an adjusted Ebitda basis on a monthly level by the end of the fourth quarter 2018 and continue to have a strong balance sheet.