Hershey / PA. (thc) The Hershey Company held an Analyst Event at its Global Customer Innovation Center (GCIC) in Hershey, Pennsylvania, providing an unprecedented glimpse into how its digital growth strategies are fully integrated with its in-store retailing programs. Hosted by CEO Michele Buck and CFO Patricia Little, the day focused on Hershey’s consumer-first strategies to growing snacks as physical and digital shopping converges with Doug Straton, Chief Digital Commerce Officer, and Phil Stanley, Chief Sales Officer, leading the discussion.
«While the retail environment continues to change how our products are purchased, consumer desire for our brands remains», said Michele Buck, Chief Executive Officer, The Hershey Company. «We have the right vision, strategies, organization and talent to drive commercial advantage and our far-reaching digital transformation efforts are an important element to win in the fast-changing retail landscape».
Key insights shared with the analyst community include:
- How digital transformation fits into Hershey’s innovative snacking powerhouse vision
- Detail around Hershey’s «5C» digital strategy, including the company’s emphasis on its consumer-first orientation to deliver on their needs and expectations
- An overview of snack shopping behaviour, the retail models that exist today and how Hershey is deploying its portfolio to win against each model and trip mission
- Hershey’s strategy to win search with thumb-stopping, mobile-first content
- How Hershey is capturing the opportunity for planned and unplanned purchases as digital shopping grows
- The role data plays in developing one-to-one connections with its consumers