Hershey / PA. (thc) The Hershey Company announced net sales and earnings for the first quarter ended April 3, 2022, and raised its full-year financial outlook. «We delivered strong double-digit sales and earnings growth with ongoing momentum across business units,» said Michele Buck, President and Chief Executive Officer. «Our fast start, sustained consumer relevancy and increased visibility into our recently acquired businesses give us the confidence to increase our full year net sales and earnings outlook despite an increasingly challenging and inflationary environment.»
First-Quarter 2022 Financial Results Summary
- Consolidated net sales of USD 2,666.2 million, an increase of 16.1 percent.
- Organic, constant currency net sales increased 11.5 percent.
- The impact of acquisitions on net sales was a 4.6-point benefit.
- Reported net income of USD 533.5 million and USD 2.57 per share-diluted, an increase of 35.3 percent.
- Adjusted earnings per share-diluted of USD 2.53, an increase of 31.8 percent