Oakville / CA. (rbi) Restaurant Brands International Inc. (RBI) reported financial results for the full year and fourth quarter ended December 31, 2019.
Chief Executive Officer Jose Cil: «We have three iconic restaurant brands that are together growing rapidly around the world. Last year, we shared a long-term aspiration to build the most loved restaurant brands in the world and have more than 40,000 restaurants open within eight to ten years. I’m proud that our 2019 results have us solidly on track. Burger King delivered its strongest year of restaurant growth in the last two decades. Popeyes launched an iconic Chicken Sandwich that has proven to be a game changer for the brand in every way. At Tim Hortons, our performance did not reflect the incredible power of our brand and it is clear that we have a large opportunity to refocus on our founding values and what has made us famous with our guests over the years, which will be the basis for our plan in 2020.»
- RBI delivers consolidated system-wide sales growth of 10 percent in Q4 and over 8 percent in 2019.
- More than 27,000 restaurants now open globally following 1,342 net restaurant openings in 2019.
- Burger King delivers over 9 percent system-wide sales growth and adds over 1,000 net new restaurants in 2019.
- Popeyes delivers transformational system-wide sales growth of over 42 percent in Q4 boosted by the Chicken Sandwich.
- Tim Hortons announces plan to reignite growth in Canada by focusing on its fundamentals and founding values.
For additional information please read RBI’s PDF file below (1’080 KB):20200211-RBI-Q4-2019