Seattle / WA. (sc) Starbucks Corporation announces financial results for its fiscal third quarter ended July 01. The Highlights:
- Consolidated net revenues of 2,4 billion USD, an increase of 20 percent.
- Operating income of 245 million USD, an increase of 14 percent.
- 668 new retail store openings, a third-quarter record.
- Comparable store sales growth of four percent.
- International segment revenue increased 28 percent.
«In the third quarter, Starbucks delivered solid financial performance while expanding globally», says Jim Donald, Starbucks president and CEO. «Record store openings helped drive revenue growth of 20 percent» (press release).