Zurich / CH. (vag) The group of shareholders represented by Veraison has increased its stake in Aryzta AG to over 20 percent. The shareholder group expects that the Board of Directors of Aryzta invites to the Extraordinary General Meeting without further delay. To ensure transparency for all interested parties, the shareholder group has published a detailed explanation of its motions for the EGM on the information platform simplify-aryzta.com.
According to the group of shareholders represented by Veraison, Aryzta’s Board has overseen significant and consistent value destruction over the last five years. The shareholder group therefore requested an Extraordinary General Meeting on May 20th to propose
- the removal of the four longest serving Board members,
- the election of Urs Jordi, former CEO of listed Hiestand Holding AG, as Chairman of the Board,
- the election of Heiner Kamps, founder of bakery chain Kamps, to the Board,
- the election of Armin Bieri, former CEO Aryzta Switzerland and Food Solutions Asia Pacific, to the Board,
- that Kevin Toland focuses on his role as CEO in line with modern corporate governance.