Hershey / PA. (thc) The Hershey Company, largest producer of quality chocolate in North America, and a global leader in chocolate, sweets and refreshments, announced several changes to its global leadership team, effective May 13. «Hershey is well positioned in the marketplace and our momentum in the U.S. and key international markets gives us confidence in our business strategy», said John P. Bilbrey, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Hershey Company. «These organizational enhancements will help accelerate our global growth by broadening and leveraging our leadership expertise, knowledge and capabilities across the company. We have an experienced management team, great talent throughout the organization and the right vision, strategy, talent and brands to win wherever we compete». To further enhance the company´s ability to execute its business strategy, accelerate international growth and develop and broaden leadership talent, the company is implementing the following:
- Humberto P. Alfonso, will become President, International. Alfonso has extensive international experience and will drive business growth for all Hershey businesses outside the U.S. and Canada, positioning the company to achieve its international growth objectives. Alfonso currently serves as Hershey´s Chief Financial Officer and Chief Administrative Officer.
- David W. Tacka, will become Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer. Tacka has held senior executive positions within the company, including Chief Accounting Officer. His extensive financial experience will benefit Hershey as it maintains its disciplined approach to global expansion.
- Michele G. Buck, currently Hershey´s Chief Growth Officer, will become President, North America. In her new role, Buck´s strategic focus and consumer expertise will help accelerate Hershey´s growth in the U.S. and Canada, the company´s primary performance drivers.
- E. Daniel Vucovich, will become Senior Vice President, Chief Commercial Officer. Vucovich´s go-to-market experience and expertise will assist in the global growth of Hershey´s iconic brands. Vucovich currently leads Hershey´s U.S. business.
- D. Michael Wege, currently Chief Commercial Officer, will become Senior Vice President, Chief Growth and Marketing Officer. Wege will lead Hershey´s strategic planning, research and development, innovation, and global Hershey Experience. He will continue to drive the company´s knowledge capabilities as well as Hershey´s marketing initiatives and corporate brand reputation.
In addition, the company announced that Waheed Zaman will join the company as Senior Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer on April 29. Zaman will be responsible for optimizing Hershey´s information technology and global shared services functions as the company expands internationally. Zaman is an industry leader for transformational global productivity in large consumer packaged goods companies working previously for Chiquita Brands International and Procter + Gamble.